Written testimony should be submitted at least 24
hours prior to the meeting. Testimony received after this deadline and up until 24 hours after the relevant meeting may be posted and distributed after the meeting.
Testimony submitted by the relevant deadlines will be permanently posted publicly on the Board of Education website and may be included in the Board's minutes. Consider this when including personal information (including e-mail addresses, phone numbers, names, and pictures) in your testimony. If you do not want your personal information posted, submit your testimony as an attachment and include "NO PERSONAL INFORMATION" in the subject line.
Submit written testimony to: Testimony.BOE@boe.hawaii.gov. E-mails submitted to the Board's general inbox at BOE.Hawaii@boe.hawaii.gov or any other e-mail address will be processed as late testimony.
the following information:
Include "Testimony" in the subject line
Name with position/title and organization, if
Meeting (Student Achievement, Finance and
Infrastructure, Human Resources, or General Business Meeting (full
Agenda item; and
Position (support, oppose, or
Oral Testimony for Virtual Meetings
To provide oral testimony at an upcoming virtual meeting:
- Complete and submit the appropriate form below.
- If you want to testify on more than one agenda item, complete and submit a form for each agenda item on which you would like to testify. You may testify only once on each agenda item. If you sign up to testify on the same agenda item multiple times, your name will be called only once.
- You may use a unique identifier (i.e., an alias) instead of your real name to maintain anonymity, but on the day of the meeting you must log into WebEx with the same identifier you used to sign up for testimony or you will not be unmuted.
- The testimony sign-up form will be open from the time the meeting agenda is posted (six days before the meeting) until the meeting is adjourned.
- Testimony over the phone will not be accepted at this time.
Testimony sign-up form for:
The Board takes relevant oral testimony prior to the respective agenda item. If you miss your opportunity to provide oral testimony before the agenda item on which you would like to testify, you will have an opportunity to provide your oral testimony at the end of the meeting after the Board completes its business.
More important information on how to orally testify at a virtual Board of Education meeting is available by clicking here.