DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE
The superintendent shall be responsible for:
1. Serving as secretary to the board of education.
2. Performing all duties necessary to the proper conduct of the department, subject, however, to the approval of the board.
3. Planning, organizing, staffing, directing and controlling the educational program, finances, personnel and facilities of the department.
4. Advising the board in relation to general policies and keeping them informed as to important educational developments.
5. Bearing final responsibility to the board for the proper functioning of the department.
See: Generally: S.296-11, HRS; Plan of Organization, 9/69
Secretary: S.3, Art. IX, State Consti.; S.26-12, HRS
Voc. Ed.: Act 71, SLH 1968
Tchr. Ed.: Coord. Com.; S.304-20, HRS