The Board of Education (BOE) recognizes the importance of providing effective instruction in a caring and supportive learning environment. A comprehensive student support system will ensure that all students attain the Hawaii Content and Performance Standards (HCPS) and the General Learner Outcomes (GLOs), in order to become Public School Graduates prepared for post secondary education and/or careers.
COMPREHENSIVE STUDENT SUPPORT SYSTEM
Therefore, the Department shall provide a comprehensive student support system framework to support the implementation, with fidelity, of:
(1) Effective standards-based instruction for all students;
(2) Appropriate student support through an array of services;
(3) Involvement of families and community stakeholders as partners in the education process;
(4) Management of decision-making driven by ongoing assessment of student progress; and
(5) An effective single all-student database.